Senior Living in Lyons, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Lyons, NJ: 07939
- Lyons scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Lyons scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Runnells Specialized Hospital, Muhlenberg Reg Med Center, and Morristown Memorial Hospital.
- There are 91 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, Fellowship Village, and Ridge Oak Senior Housing.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 533 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 136 golf courses in or around the city, including Basking Ridge Country Club, New Jersey National Golf Club, and Coakley-Russo Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Natirar Park, Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, and Morristown National Historical Park.
- There are 264 churches in or near the city, including Millington Baptist Church, St James Roman Catholic Church, and St Mark\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 253 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 191 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $8,655, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Lyons receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Lyons has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Lyons has an average population density of 554.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Lyons have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Lyons has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 60.31%.