Senior Living in Machesney Park, Illinois
Top zip codes in Machesney Park, IL: 61115
- Machesney Park scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Machesney Park scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rockford Memorial Hospital, H Douglas Singer Mntl Hlth Ctr, and Saint Anthony Medical Center.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bayview Apartments, Christian Life Retirement Center, and Alpine Fireside Health Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 171 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Rockford Country Club, Atwood Homestead Golf Course, and Forest Hills Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including YMCA of Rock River Valley - Camp Winnebago, Rock Cut State Park, and Anderson Japanese Gardens.
- There are 124 churches in or near the city, including North Park Church of Christ, First Baptist Church-Machesney, and Concordia Lutheran Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 121 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 75 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.99% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,071, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,034, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,271, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,567 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,465 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.63%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Machesney Park receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Machesney Park has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Machesney Park has a dense population density of 2,181.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Machesney Park have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Machesney Park has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.96%.