Senior Living in Macungie, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Macungie, PA: 18062
- Macungie scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Macungie scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital, and Westfield Hospital.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Village at Willow Lane, Legacy Oaks at Lehigh Valley , and Lehigh Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 240 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookside Country Club, Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The, and Indian Creek Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, Bicentennial Park, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 182 churches in or near the city, including Solomon\'s United Church-Christ, Grace Lutheran Church, and Salem Bible Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 145 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 107 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,433, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,840, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,316, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.63%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Macungie receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Macungie has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Macungie has an average population density of 1,143.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Macungie have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Macungie has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.39%.