Senior Living in Madison, Maine
Top zip codes in Madison, ME: 04950
- Madison scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Madison scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Redington Fairview General Hospital and Redington-fairview Gen Hosp).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maplecrest Rehabilitation and Living Center, Somerset Residential Care Center, and Cedar Ridge Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakewood Golf Course, Johnson W. Parks Golf Course, and Sandy River Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Jellystone Park at Yonderhill Campground, Two Rivers Campground, and Evergreens Campground & Restaurant.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Pentecostal Church, Calvary Pentecostal Church, and United Church of Christ Cong.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,237, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,677, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,225, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Madison receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Madison has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Madison has a very sparse population density of 93.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Madison have a short daily commute time.
- Madison has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.84%.