Senior Living in Magnolia, Delaware
Top zip codes in Magnolia, DE: 19962
- Magnolia scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- Magnolia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bayhealth - Kent General Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Courtland Manor, State Street Assisted Living, and Green Meadows at Dover.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 160 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing, Eagle Creek Golf Club, and Mapledale Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Town Point, Brecknock County Park, and Killens Pond State Park.
- There are 232 churches in or near the city, including Secrest Ronald L, Zschech Wayne, and Thompkins Aaron J.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 57 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,005, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,043, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,184, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.32%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Magnolia receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Magnolia has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Magnolia has an average population density of 703.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Magnolia have an average daily commute time.
- Magnolia has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.18%.