Senior Living in Mahanoy Plane, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mahanoy Plane, PA: 17949
- Mahanoy Plane scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mahanoy Plane scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs, Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and Shenandoah Senior Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine, Fountain Springs Country Club, and Rolling Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Locust Lake State Park and Tuscarora State Park).
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and Clough John R.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,581, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,909, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,780, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.97%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mahanoy Plane receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mahanoy Plane has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mahanoy Plane has a dense population density of 2,604.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mahanoy Plane have a very long daily commute time.
- Mahanoy Plane has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.30%.