Senior Living in Mahopac, New York
Top zip codes in Mahopac, NY: 10541
- Mahopac scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Mahopac scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Putnam Hospital Center, Putnam Hospital Center, and Arms Acres.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Salem Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Stone Manor Twin La, and North Westchester Restorative Therapy and Nursing Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahopac Golf Club, Putnam National Golf Club, and Shallow Creek Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Donald J. Trump, California Hill State Multiple Use Area, and Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including Barton Charles R, First Presbyterian Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 79 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,293, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,244, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,130, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.98%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mahopac receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mahopac has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Mahopac has an average population density of 1,058.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mahopac have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Mahopac has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.96%.