Senior Living in Maidsville, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Maidsville, WV: 26541
- Maidsville scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Maidsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including West Virginia University Hospitals, Monongalia County General Hospital, and Healthsouth Mountainview Hosp.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden LivingCenter - Morgantown, Madison Center, and Sundale Rehabilitation/Long Term Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Pines Country Club, The, Paradise Lake Golf Course, and Mountaineer Golf & Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including US Forestry Department, Core Arboretum, and Mylan Park.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Christ Church of Morgantown, Cadence Church of Nazarene, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,295, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,302, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,648, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,736 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,040 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.38%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maidsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Maidsville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Maidsville has a very sparse population density of 69.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maidsville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Maidsville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.69%.