Senior Living in Maine, New York
Top zip codes in Maine, NY: 13802
- Maine scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Maine scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (United Health Services Hospitals, Inc and Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Shepherd Village at Endwell, James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home, and Absolut Care of Endicott .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Championship Course at Heritage Country Club, Newark Valley Golf Club, and Ely Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Greenwood County Park, CFJ Park, and West Endicott Park.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Most Holy Rosary Church, All Saints National Cath Chrch, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,414, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,016, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,544, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maine receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Maine has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Maine has a very sparse population density of 71.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maine have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Maine has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.47%.