Senior Living in Malden, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Malden, MA: 02148
- Malden scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Malden scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 44 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hallmark Health System, Hallmark Health System, and Soldiers Home In Massachusetts.
- There are 252 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Salem Towers, The Davenport Memorial Home, and Golden LivingCenter-Dexter House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1402 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Mount Hood Golf Course, Bellevue Golf Club, and Cedar Glen Golf Club.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Pine Banks Park, Middlesex Fells Reservation, and Boston National Historical Park.
- There are 644 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Malden, St Peter Catholic Church, and Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 863 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 56 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 593 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,524, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,825, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,894, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.58%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Malden receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Malden has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Malden has a very dense population density of 11,794.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Malden have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Malden has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.73%.