Senior Living in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Malvern, PA: 19355
- Malvern scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Malvern scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Devereux Children\'s Hlth Ctr, Malvern Institute, and Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hosp.
- There are 110 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sarahcare of Malvern, Sarah Care of Great Valley, and Sunrise of Paoli.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 568 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 159 golf courses in or around the city, including White Manor Country Club, Chester Valley Golf Club, and Applebrook Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, Valley Forge National Historical Park, and Betzwood Park.
- There are 203 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick Church, St Francis-Fields Episcopal, and St Patrick Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 202 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 276 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $149,794, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $102,806, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $56,638, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.14%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Malvern receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Malvern has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Malvern has an average population density of 645.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Malvern have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Malvern has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.58%.