Senior Living in Manchester, New York
Top zip codes in Manchester, NY: 14504
- Manchester scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Manchester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic, F F Thompson Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ontario Arc, Ashton Place, and Ashton Place Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Winged Pheasant Golf Links, Clifton Springs Country Club, and Center Pointe Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hill Cumorah Visitors Center, Canandaigua / Rochester KOA, and Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including St Dominic\'s Rectory, Presbyterian Church, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,805, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,405, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.94%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Manchester receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Manchester has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Manchester has an average population density of 1,494.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Manchester have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Manchester has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.23%.