Senior Living in Manheim, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Manheim, PA: 17545
- Manheim scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Manheim scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Danner Home, Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, and Pleasant View Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 207 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Executive Course at Evergreen Golf Course Inc., Tree Top Golf Course, and Groff\'s Farm Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including PA Dutch Country RV Resort, Wolf Sanctuary of PA, and Longs Park.
- There are 189 churches in or near the city, including White Oak Church-the Brethren, Chiques Church of the Brethren, and East Fairview Church-Brethren.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 152 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 79 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,907, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,811, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,228, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Manheim receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Manheim has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Manheim has a sparse population density of 299.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Manheim have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Manheim has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.75%.