Senior Living in Manlius, New York
Top zip codes in Manlius, NY: 13104
- Manlius scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Manlius scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Syracuse Va Medical Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Manlius, Brookdale Fayetteville, and Life\'s Changing Seasons Elder Care LLC.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Cavalry Club, Country Club of Syracuse, and Butternut Creek Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Lorenzo Historic Site, Chittenango Falls State Park, and Green Lakes State Park.
- There are 92 churches in or near the city, including Manlius United Meth Chr Office, Christ Episcopal Church, and Eastern Hills Bible Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 69 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $110,806, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $88,657, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,824, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.93%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Manlius receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Manlius has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Manlius has a sparse population density of 329.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Manlius have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Manlius has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.73%.