Senior Living in Manville, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Manville, RI: 02838
- Manville scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Manville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Landmark Medical Center, Inc, Rehabilitation Hospital, and St Joseph Health Services Of Ri.
- There are 117 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Holiday Retirement Community, The Lighthouse at Lincoln, and The Lighthouse at Lincoln.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 444 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including Lincoln Country Club, Kirkbrae Country Club, and Fairlawn Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Woods State Park, Slater Park, and Roger Williams National Memorial.
- There are 357 churches in or near the city, including St James Church, St James Church, and St James Church Parish Hall.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 268 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 20 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 153 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,726, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,885, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,343, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Manville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Manville has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Manville has a dense population density of 2,377.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Manville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Manville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.14%.