Senior Living in Maple Plain, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Maple Plain, MN: 55359
- Maple Plain scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Maple Plain scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Ridgeview Medical Center).
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Haven Homes of Maple Plain, Bryant House, and Lake Minnetonka Shores.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeview Golf Course, Burl Oaks Golf Club, and Red Oak Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Baker Park Reserve, Baker Park Reserve Entrance Gt, and YMCA Camp Ihduhapi.
- There are 82 churches in or near the city, including Lyndale Evangelical Lutheran, Christ Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of the Lake Catholic.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 62 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $110,953, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $87,796, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,805, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.72%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maple Plain receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Maple Plain has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Maple Plain has a sparse population density of 142.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maple Plain have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Maple Plain has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.86%.