Senior Living in Mapleville, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Mapleville, RI: 02839
- Mapleville scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Mapleville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rehabilitation Hospital, Landmark Medical Center, Inc, and St Joseph Health Services Of Ri.
- There are 94 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stillwater Heights, Pine Grove Health Center, and Bayberry Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 221 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 124 golf courses in or around the city, including Crystal Lake Golf Club, Country View Golf Club, and Melody Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Douglas State Forest, Lincoln Woods State Park, and West Hill Dam.
- There are 208 churches in or near the city, including Burrillville Seventh Day, Our Lady of Good Help Church, and First Univ Chr of Burrillville.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 86 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 81 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,505, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,542, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,956, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.89%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mapleville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mapleville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Mapleville has a sparse population density of 439.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mapleville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Mapleville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.59%.