Senior Living in Maplewood, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Maplewood, NJ: 07040
- Maplewood scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Maplewood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 39 hospitals within close range of the city, including Irvington General Hospital, Union Hospital, and East Orange General Hospital.
- There are 203 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at Essex, South Mountain Hc, and Jewish Federation Towers.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1882 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplewood Country Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, and Suburban Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including South Mountain Reservation, Eagle Rock Reservation, and Becker Park.
- There are 847 churches in or near the city, including Morrow Memorial Methodist Chr, St Joseph\'s Rc Church, and St George\'s Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1187 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 441 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $142,770, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $110,346, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,507, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maplewood receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Maplewood has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Maplewood has a dense population density of 6,851.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maplewood have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Maplewood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.23%.