Senior Living in Marana, Arizona
- Marana scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Marana scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northwest Medical Center).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including SonLight Home Care, Nuestra Casa Care Home, and Adobe Adult Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Gallery Golf Club, The, Heritage Highlands Golf & Country Club, and Arthur Pack Desert Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including A Bar A RV Park and Storage, Sunset Point Neighborhood Park, and Picture Rocks Community Center.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Avra Valley Community Church, First Baptist Church, and Bread of Life Assembly of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,518, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,066, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,675, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,896 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.76%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marana receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Marana has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Marana has a very sparse population density of 39.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marana have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Marana has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.50%.