Senior Living in Marblehead, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Marblehead, MA: 01945
- Marblehead scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Marblehead scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including North Shore Medical Center, Shaughnessy-kaplan Rehab Hosp, and Beverly Hospital Corporation.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lafayette Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facilit, Devereux House Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Spaulding Outpatient Center Salem.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 464 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Tedesco Country Club, Kernwood Country Club, and Salem Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Fort Sewall, Salem Maritime National Historic Site, and Salem Common.
- There are 176 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady Star of the Sea Ch, St Michael\'s Episcopal Church, and St Andrew\'s Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 284 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 189 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $138,557, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $99,574, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $55,778, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marblehead receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Marblehead has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Marblehead has a dense population density of 4,516.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marblehead have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Marblehead has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.33%.