Senior Living in Marbury, Maryland
Top zip codes in Marbury, MD: 20658
- Marbury scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Marbury scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Potomac Hospital, Dewitt Army Community Hospital, and Civista Medical Center.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Envoy of Woodbridge, Potomac Place, and Safe Haven Adult Day and Medical Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 189 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Naval Surface Warfare Center, Ospreys Golf Club at Belmont Bay, The, and Pohick Bay Golf Course.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Smallwood State Park, Chapman State Park, and Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 134 churches in or near the city, including Marbury Baptist Church, Smith\'s Chapel Church, and Marbury Church of God.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 125 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,081, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,417, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,384, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.50%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marbury receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Marbury has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Marbury has a sparse population density of 283.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marbury have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Marbury has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.25%.