Senior Living in Margaretville, New York
Top zip codes in Margaretville, NY: 12455
- Margaretville scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Margaretville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Margaretville Memorial Hospital and Margaretville Mem Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Mountainside Residential Care and Kirkside of Roxbury)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (47% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Hannah Country Club, Shephard Hills Golf Course, and Twin Village Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest, Little Pond Campground, and Beaverkill Valley Inn.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,241, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,464, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,392, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Margaretville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Margaretville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Margaretville has a very sparse population density of 25.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Margaretville have a very short daily commute time.
- Margaretville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.39%.