Senior Living in Marietta, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Marietta, PA: 17547
- Marietta scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Marietta scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York, Lancaster Gen Hosp-susquehanna, and York Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Longwood Manor, Rheem\'s Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Juniper Village at Mount Joy.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Groff\'s Farm Golf Club, Par Line Golf Course, and Rustic Meadows Camping & Golf.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Rocky Ridge County Park, Samuel S. Lewis State Park, and Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA.
- There are 171 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Evangelical Church, Zion Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Congregational Bible Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 111 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 67 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,908, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,151, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,747, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.58%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marietta receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Marietta has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Marietta has an average population density of 614.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marietta have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Marietta has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.06%.