Senior Living in Marilla, New York
Top zip codes in Marilla, NY: 14102
- Marilla scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Marilla scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Western Ny Children\'s Center and St Joseph Hospital).
- There are 49 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greenfield Health and Rehabilitation Center, Absolut Care Aurora Park, and People.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 170 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Elma Meadows Golf Course, East Aurora Country Club, and Crag Burn Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Knox Farm State Park, Hunters Creek County Park, and Emery Park.
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including Marilla United Methodist Chr, First Baptist Church, and St Gabriels Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 79 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.98% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,985, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,833, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,137, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.92%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marilla receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Marilla has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Marilla has a sparse population density of 336.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marilla have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Marilla has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.