Senior Living in Marion, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Marion, CT: 06444
- Marion scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Marion scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center, Saint Marys Hospital, and Midstate Medical Center.
- There are 109 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alzheimers Resource Center of Connecticut, Mulberry Gardens of Southington, and The Rosegarden Health and Rehab Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 437 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 111 golf courses in or around the city, including Farmingbury Hills Golf Club, Southington Country Club, and Pine Valley Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Sleeping Giant State Park and Black Rock State Park).
- There are 237 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Polish Catholic, St Aloysius Church, and Mary Our Queen Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 310 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 138 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marion receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Marion has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Marion has an average population density of 562.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marion have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Marion has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.