Senior Living in Marrero, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Marrero, LA: 70072
- Marrero scores lower than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Marrero scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including West Jefferson Medical Center, Touro Infirmary, and Ochsner Baptist Medical Center Llc.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marrero Healthcare Center, Tranquil Living, and Wynhoven Healthcare Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 523 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Plantation Golf & Country Club, Timberlane Country Club, and Championship Course at Stonebridge Country Club.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, Louisiana Dry Ice and Shipping Co, and Hassel\'s RV & Trailer Park.
- There are 296 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Marrero, Cypress Grove Mssnry Bapt Ch, and Ames Boulevard Baptist Church.
- There are 35 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 356 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 112 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,224, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,133, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,476, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,658 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,532 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.27%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marrero receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Marrero has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Marrero has a dense population density of 2,714.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marrero have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Marrero has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.03%.