Senior Living in Marsteller, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Marsteller, PA: 15760
- Marsteller scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Marsteller scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Miners Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden LivingCenter - HAIDA, Kinney\'s Meadow View Estates, and Sun Rose Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Cambrian Hills Country Club, Chetremon Golf Course, and Ebensburg Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Duman Lake Park, Yellow Creek Campground, and Yellow Creek State Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Prince of Peace Church, Garmantown Church of God, and St John United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,654, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $29,500, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,775, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.19%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 14% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Marsteller receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Marsteller has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Marsteller has a very sparse population density of 96.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marsteller have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Marsteller has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.70%.