Senior Living in Martin, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Martin, PA: 15460
- Martin scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Martin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Uniontown Hospital, West Virginia University Hospitals, and Monongalia County General Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fort Mason Village, Annabelle Pratt Boarding Home, and Madison Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Carmichaels Golf Club, Mount Summit Golf Course, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Friendship Hill National Historic Site, Wana B Park, and Rich Farms Garden.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including Cornerstone C & MA Church, United Methodist Church, and Jacobs Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,885, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $12,874, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Martin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Martin has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Martin has a sparse population density of 286.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Martin have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Martin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.55%.