Senior Living in Martins Creek, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Martins Creek, PA: 18063
- Martins Creek scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Martins Creek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Warren Hospital, Easton Hospital, and Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Traditions, Weston Senior Living Center at Sullivan Trail, and Lopatcong Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 210 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 74 golf courses in or around the city, including Sawmill Golf Course, Riverview Country Club, and Harkers Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Jacobsburg State Park, Weona Park, and Moore Township Recreation Fields.
- There are 100 churches in or near the city, including Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Faith Lutheran Church, and Arndt\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 83 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 66 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,000, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,910, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,957, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.99%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Martins Creek receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Martins Creek has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Martins Creek has an average population density of 545.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Martins Creek have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Martins Creek has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.14%.