Senior Living in Maryknoll, New York
Top zip codes in Maryknoll, NY: 10545
- Maryknoll scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Maryknoll scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Stony Lodge Hospital, Northern Westchester Hospital, and Phelps Memorial Hospital Assn.
- There are 89 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethel Nursing Home Co, The Pines at Narragansett, and Bethel Adult Day Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 414 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (94% of residents).
- There are 186 golf courses in or around the city, including Hudson Hills Golf Course, Eighteen Hole Course at Sleepy Hollow Country Club, and Trump National Golf Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Teatown Lake Reservation, Van Cortlandt Manor, and Croton Point Park.
- There are 151 churches in or near the city, including Star of Bethlehem Baptist Chr, St Ann\'s Catholic Church, and St Paul\'s On-the-Hill Epscpl.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 268 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 231 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $12,100, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maryknoll receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Maryknoll has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Maryknoll has an average population density of 1,119.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maryknoll have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Maryknoll has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.51%.