Senior Living in Maspeth, New York
Top zip codes in Maspeth, NY: 11378
- Maspeth scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Maspeth scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 87 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Mount Sinai Hospital Of Queens, and Woodhull Medical And Mental Health Center.
- There are 359 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Midway Nursing Home, Queens Blvd Ext Care Facility, and Surfside Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6004 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 203 golf courses in or around the city, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 61 parks near the city center, including Juniper Valley Park, Maria Hernandez Park, and Highland Park.
- There are 2025 churches in or near the city, including Trinity-St Andrew\'s Lutheran, Maspeth United Methodist Chr, and Holy Cross Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3525 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 242 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1191 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,078, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,472, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,598, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.18%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maspeth receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Maspeth has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Maspeth has a very dense population density of 13,648.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maspeth have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Maspeth has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.09%.