Senior Living in Massapequa, New York
Top zip codes in Massapequa, NY: 11758
- Massapequa scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Massapequa scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brunswick General Hospital, South Oaks Hospital, and St Joseph Hospital.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parkview Care and Rehab Center, Townsend B, and The Bristal at Massapequa.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 952 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 131 golf courses in or around the city, including Peninsula Golf Club, Jones Beach State Park Golf Course, and Merrick Road Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve, Bethpage State Park, and Eisenhower Park.
- There are 291 churches in or near the city, including Massapequa Park Church Nazaren, St David\'s Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of Lourdes Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 474 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 340 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $119,851, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $104,216, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,718, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.89%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Massapequa receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Massapequa has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Massapequa has a dense population density of 4,887.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Massapequa have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Massapequa has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.92%.