Senior Living in Maybrook, New York
Top zip codes in Maybrook, NY: 12543
- Maybrook scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Maybrook scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orange Regional Medical Center, St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital, and Cornwall Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Patchetts Crossing Apartments, Campbell Hall Rehab Center, and Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Otterkill Golf & Country Club, Otterkill Golf & Country Club, and Stony Ford Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Winding Hills County Park, Osiris Country Club, and Good Time Park.
- There are 69 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, Grace Community Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 139 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 73 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,622, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,023, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,406, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maybrook receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Maybrook has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Maybrook has a sparse population density of 261.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maybrook have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Maybrook has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.43%.