Senior Living in Mayfield, New York
Top zip codes in Mayfield, NY: 12117
- Mayfield scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Mayfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nathan Littauer Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Nathan Littauer Hospital Nursing Home, Fulton Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and Wells Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Holland Meadows Golf Course, Pine Brook Golf Club, and Kingsboro Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Birch Haven Campgrounds and Pop\'s Lake Campground).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Kingsboro Assembly of God, Adirondack Baptist Church, and African Methodist Episcopal.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,655, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,911, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,063, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.76%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mayfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mayfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Mayfield has a very sparse population density of 72.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mayfield have a short daily commute time.
- Mayfield has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.54%.