Senior Living in Maynard, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Maynard, MA: 01754
- Maynard scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Maynard scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Emerson Hospital, Emerson Hospital, and Marlborough Hospital.
- There are 124 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meeting House at Stow Condominium Associate, Concord Park, and Life Care Center of Acton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 352 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 160 golf courses in or around the city, including Maynard Country Club, Stow North Course at Stow Acres Country Club, and Butternut Farm Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, and New England Wild Flower Society.
- There are 132 churches in or near the city, including St Isidore Catholic Church, Union Church of Stow, and St Elizabeth\'s Episcopal Chr.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 187 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 214 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,112, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,255, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,818, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.02%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Maynard receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Maynard has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Maynard has a dense population density of 1,938.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Maynard have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Maynard has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.07%.