Senior Living in Mays Landing, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Mays Landing, NJ: 08330
- Mays Landing scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Mays Landing scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ancora Psychiatric Hospital and William B Kessler Mem Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodview Estates, Harbor Hall Boarding Home, and Fairways at Mays Landing.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Hamilton Trails Golf Club, Greate Bay Golf Club, and Mays Landing Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Winding River Campground, Holly Acres RV Park, and Birch Grove Park.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Mayslanding Baptist Church, and Evangel Assembly of God.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,162, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,728, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,566, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.88%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mays Landing receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mays Landing has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mays Landing has a sparse population density of 233.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mays Landing have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Mays Landing has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.38%.