Senior Living in Mayville, New York
Top zip codes in Mayville, NY: 14757
- Mayville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Mayville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Westfield Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Westfield LLC, Heritage Green Rehab & Skilled Nursing , and Heritage Village Rehab and Skilled Nursing, Inc..
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodcrest Golf Course, Willow Run Golf Course, and Chautauqua Point Golf & Racquetball Center.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Camp Onyahsa, Chautauqua Lake KOA, and Midway State Park.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Uu Fellowship of Chautauqua, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Mayville United Methodist.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,281, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,306, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,954, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mayville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mayville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Mayville has a very sparse population density of 75.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mayville have a very short daily commute time.
- Mayville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.87%.