Senior Living in Mc Kean, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mc Kean, PA: 16426
- Mc Kean scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mc Kean scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Millcreek Community Hospital, Shriners Hosps For Children, and Erie Va Medical Center.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ForestView Health Care Center, Niagara Village, and Golden LivingCenter - Walnut Creek.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 192 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Brabender\'s South Woods Golf Course, Beachwood Country Club, and Erie Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Erie KOA, Presque Isle Passage RV Park & Cabin Rentals, and Folly\'s End Campground.
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including St Francis Xavier Catholic Chr, Mc Kean United Methodist Chr, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,319, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,428, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,064, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.70%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mc Kean receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mc Kean has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Mc Kean has a sparse population density of 137.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mc Kean have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Mc Kean has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.75%.