Senior Living in Mc Kees Rocks, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mc Kees Rocks, PA: 15136
- Mc Kees Rocks scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mc Kees Rocks scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 26 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ohio Valley General Hospital, Suburban General Hospital, and Allegheny General Hospital.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Perry South Personal Care, Caring Heights Community Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Lifecare Hospitals of Pittsburgh, Suburban Campus.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 666 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 125 golf courses in or around the city, including Chartiers Country Club, Crafton Golf Club, and Shannopin Country Club.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Bayne Park, Settlers Cabin Park, and Riverview Park.
- There are 355 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Ukrainian Orthodox, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and St John of God Parish.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 315 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 217 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,302, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,394, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,290, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.67%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mc Kees Rocks receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mc Kees Rocks has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Mc Kees Rocks has a dense population density of 1,964.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mc Kees Rocks have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Mc Kees Rocks has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.24%.