Senior Living in Mc Knightstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mc Knightstown, PA: 17343
- Mc Knightstown scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mc Knightstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg, Transitions Healthcare Gettysburg, and Piney Court Apartments.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Gettysburg Country Club, Links at Gettysburg, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Gettysburg / Battlefield KOA, Granite Hill Camping Resort, and Evergreen Cemetery.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Heritage Assembly of God, and Adams County Recycling Agency.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $115,278, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,579, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mc Knightstown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mc Knightstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mc Knightstown has a sparse population density of 235.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mc Knightstown have a very short daily commute time.
- Mc Knightstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.