Senior Living in Mckinney, Texas
- Mckinney scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Mckinney scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Medical Center Of Mckinney, The Hospital At Craig Ranch, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including American Teachers Retirement Services, LLC, Redbud Place, and Park Manor of Mckinney.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 252 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Mckinney Country Club, Oak Hollow Golf Course, and Oak Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Towne Lake Recreation Area, McKinney Community Center, and Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Kingdom Hall-Jehovah\'s Witness, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,490, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,235, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,537, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mckinney receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mckinney has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mckinney has a dense population density of 1,550.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mckinney have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Mckinney has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.06%.