Senior Living in Mead, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Mead, NE: 68041
- Mead scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Mead scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Saunders Medical Center and Saunders County Hlth Service).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Liberty House Wahoo, South Haven Living Center, and Saunders House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Hilltop Country Club, Pines Country Club, The, and Country Drive Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Woods Landing, Peony Park, and Two Rivers State Recreation Area.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Alma Lutheran Church Elca, Bethlehem Lutheran Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,126, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,654, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.47%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mead receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Mead has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Mead has a very sparse population density of 25.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mead have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Mead has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.17%.