Senior Living in Mebane, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Mebane, NC: 27302
- Mebane scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Mebane scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mebane Ridge Assisted Living, A Touch of Country Family Care, and The Presbyterian Home of Hawfields.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead Golf Club, Mill Creek Golf Club, and Cedar Grove Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lake Michael Park, Lake Cammack Park & Marina, and Hillsborough Heights Park.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including Grace Reformed Baptist Church, Mebane First Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,166, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,700, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,098, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,200 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,460 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.24%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mebane receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mebane has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mebane has a sparse population density of 226.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mebane have an average daily commute time.
- Mebane has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.89%.