Senior Living in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Mechanicsburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mechanicsburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehabilitation, State Corr Inst At Camp Hill, and Holy Spirit Hospital.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fox Subacute at Mechanicsburg, Vibra Rehabilitation Center, and Vibralife.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 266 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Naval Inventory Control Point, Liberty Forge Golf Course, and Best Western Plantation Inn.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Reservoir Park, Fort Hunter, and Western Village RV Park.
- There are 373 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Country & Town Baptist Church, and Church of the Brethren.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 140 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 74 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,759, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,025, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,975, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mechanicsburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mechanicsburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Mechanicsburg has an average population density of 922.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mechanicsburg have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Mechanicsburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.78%.