Senior Living in Mechanicville, New York
Top zip codes in Mechanicville, NY: 12118
- Mechanicville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Mechanicville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saratoga Hospital, Four Winds Saratoga, and Bellevue Woman\'s Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cook Adult Home, Schuyler Ridge Residential Healthcare, and Beacon Pointe Memory Care Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 57 golf courses in or around the city, including Mechanicville Golf Club, Clifton Knolls Executive Golf Course, and Blue/White Course at Van Patten Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Shenantaha Creek Park, Saratoga National Historical Park, and Peebles Island State Park.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel United Church, St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, and Assumption St Paul.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 60 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,021, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,303, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,054, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.12%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mechanicville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Mechanicville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Mechanicville has a sparse population density of 440.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mechanicville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Mechanicville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.83%.