Senior Living in Mehoopany, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mehoopany, PA: 18629
- Mehoopany scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mehoopany scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Tyler Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Anns Grove Personal Care Home, Golden LivingCenter - Tunkhannock, and Wyalusing Valley Retirement and Personal Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Shadowbrook Inn & Resort, Executive Course at Newberry Country Club, and Huntsville Golf Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Mehoopany Baptist Church, United Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Episcopal Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,046, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,464, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,677, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.80%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mehoopany receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Mehoopany has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mehoopany has a very sparse population density of 19.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mehoopany have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Mehoopany has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.91%.