Senior Living in Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Mercersburg, PA: 17236
- Mercersburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Mercersburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Fulton County Medical Center and Fulton County Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fulton County Medical Center, Filcare Home, and Heritage Hills Retirement Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Whitetail Golf Resort, Greencastle Greens Golf Club, and Great Cove Golf Recreation.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Longview Campground, Buchanan\'s Birthplace State Park, and Indian Springs Wildlife Demonstration Area.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Ramins K, St Peters Lutheran Church, and St Johns United Church-Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,192, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,515, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,196, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.07%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mercersburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mercersburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mercersburg has a very sparse population density of 71.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mercersburg have a long daily commute time.
- Mercersburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.49%.