Senior Living in Merchantville, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Merchantville, NJ: 08109
- Merchantville scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Merchantville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 53 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kennedy Mem Hosps-univ Med Ctr, Cooper University Hospital, and Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center.
- There are 234 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stone Gate at St Stephens, Aristacare at Cherry Hill, and Cooper River West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1919 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Pennsauken Country Club, Merchantville Country Club, and Tavistock Country Club.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Cooper River Park, Harleigh Cemetery, and Saddler\'s Woods.
- There are 763 churches in or near the city, including St Peters Roman Catholic Chr, St Stephen\'s Roman Catholic, and Grace Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1202 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 466 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,767, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,755, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,203, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.70%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Merchantville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Merchantville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Merchantville has a dense population density of 4,605.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Merchantville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Merchantville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.55%.