Senior Living in Meriden, Connecticut
- Meriden scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Meriden scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Midstate Medical Center, Masonic Home And Hospital, and Gaylord Hospital.
- There are 114 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bradley Home and Pavilion, The Bradley Home and Pavillion, and Miller Memorial Community, Inc..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 417 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Hunter Golf Club, Jones Course at Lyman Orchards Golf Club, and Indian Springs Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wadsworth falls State Park., Sleeping Giant State Park, and Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum.
- There are 193 churches in or near the city, including Grace Fellowship Christian Ctr, St Joseph Rectory, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 253 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 131 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,312, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,683, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,634, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.89%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Meriden receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Meriden has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Meriden has a dense population density of 2,548.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Meriden have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Meriden has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.52%.