Senior Living in Meridian, Idaho
- Meridian scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Meridian scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Treasure Valley Hospital, Bhc Intermountain Hospital, and St Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.
- There are 120 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tramore Senior Apartments, Meridian Center Genesis Healthcare, and Trinity Home Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 362 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxtail Executive Course, SpurWing Country Club, and Cherry Lane Golf Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Boise / Meridian KOA, Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park, and Cloverdale Funeral Home, Cemetery & Crematory.
- There are 256 churches in or near the city, including Sweetwater Community Church, Treasure Valley Baptist Church, and Central Valley Baptist Church.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 182 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,139, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,814, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,580, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.94%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Meridian receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Meridian has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Meridian has an average population density of 1,305.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Meridian have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Meridian has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.26%.